Pages

Taking a Break from it all

Sunday 22 February 2015

Hey there,

If you follow me on twitter you will be aware that I recently went on a little holiday to Paris. Me and my mum went on a long weekend coach trip to the French capital city and I really enjoyed my time away there (there will  be a post full of pictures soon, just got to find my memory card)

source

Whilst I was away, I had no internet on my phone. When I first realised this, I felt a bit anxious because the internet is a big part of my life, from writing blog posts and uploading videos to just googling something if I don't understand what it is or I've just forgotten how to spell something. However as the days went on I felt free.

Switching your phone on first thing in the morning not to be greeted by a ton of junk emails or going onto YouTube to find out how many people have not watched your videos or read your posts is a great thing and it made me realise how dependant on the internet I was.

Whilst I was away, it gave me time to think. As I have mentioned a few times on Twitter I've really been struggling with my blogging world recently, I have had no confidence to write and anything I have thought to write has seemed to be wrong. This stressed me out even more which in hindsight was the worst thing to do. You see stressing out about blogging made me dislike it anymore.

I started my first blog over two and a half years ago and I did it because I loved sharing my love for all things beauty and make up with a group of people that were like-minded and friendly. With the addition of many many more bloggers joining the community, I started to worry that my blog wasn't as good as everyone elses and I became jealous of other people's successes.

After my internet free weekend break, I decided to give myself the rest of the week off blogging and just enjoy my surroundings, spending money and spending time with my parents as this week has been half term. It was nice to have a break and I'm not going to apologise to anyone for giving myself time away from the internet like I used to do.

Instead from now, I am a writing for me and for anyone else who fancies a look. Blogging is just a hobby it's not my job, there is no need for the stress.

Lots of Love,
C
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment